Thursday, October 25, 2007

Free Rice

so, we all spend time on the computer right? sometimes doing things that really aren't productive. well, guess what i found today while blog-hopping? freerice.com! it gives you a word and 4 choices of definitions. if you get it right, they donate 10 grains of rice to the united nations world food program! they just started on october 7th and have already donated 232,745,430 grains of rice! that can really do some good! so, next time you feel like blowing some time and learning some new words (palliate=make less severe) go to freerice.com! seriously... go right now.

7 friends stopped by:

Michelle said...

"We are the world...we are the children." I just donated 90 grains of rice!

Queen Karana said...

That's actually kinda fun. I donated 1000 grains of rice. Anyone want to count that for me and tell me the equivalent? 1 cup of rice? 3/4 cup of rice? Who knows???

Diane said...

michelle....remember ...ummm....can't remember his name...but the Chinese law exchange student who lived with the Smith's for a while??? We were all in their old blue wagon...and you guys were all singing that because you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing that song. He couldn't speak english at all then...but he started singing...
we ahh da word. we ahhh da chidren.
It was great!!!

Michelle said...

That was HILARIOUS! I will NEVER forget that. (Quong was his name.)

Queen Karana said...

I did another 1000. Very cool site, Jess. Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

way to go everyone! keep it up!

dubby said...

I like to see what level I can get to. I usually sit between 39-42. Unless I cheat....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin