Wednesday, August 19, 2009

griffin is 1!!



Last Friday, my little monkey turned 1! He absolutely LOVES monkeys. Aunt Joni got this monkey for Noah before he was ever born. Noah liked it but wasn't too interested in him. He just sat among the other stuffed animals. When Griffin came along, he instantly fell in love with this monkey. And it turns out, he loves all stuffed monkeys. So when it came time to think of a theme for Griffin's party (i LOVE having themes for parties), monkeys seemed like our only option. Not only does he love stuffed monkeys, he acts like a monkey too. He thinks he's a big kid and can do anything Noah does. He is a pretty determined little guy and is always climbing up the stairs and up on chairs. He climbs up on the train table and even in the bathtub.

He's got skills.


In keeping with the "monkey" theme, I saw a picture of these cupcakes on the world wide web and asked Gigi if she could help me make them. (turns out, she made all of them. i didn't help at all. thanks gigi!!)


Griffin enjoyed the cupcakes but honestly, he was more into the plate.
Who can blame him?
It's a pretty cool plate... : )


There's my happy baby!!


This was pre-party. A few raisins to tide him over.


Towards the end of the party, I glanced at Noah and he was sporting his gold medal and a sweet sweat band.
Right on!
(that toy was our gift to Griffin)


I love my boys!
All 3 of them!


The food.


Noah helped me make this birthday banner for his brother. He still asks me everyday if he can push buttons on the cricut.

Thanks to our friends and family who came to celebrate with us!

And to my baby boy.
I love you more than you'll ever know.
You make me laugh, you make me smile.
You've got me wrapped.
And I'm ok with that.


6 friends stopped by:

Ammon said...

Isn't me wife amazing? Out of all you see in this post you know what part I had to do??? Sit there a smile for that picture of us as a family. :-P I sure do love that woman.

Mommydew said...

Looks like a wonderful party! Wish we could have been there for the big celebration.

And yes Ammon, Jess is amazing!

Amy and David Ziehl said...

Happy late Birthday Griffin!

Diane said...

I am about crying. Can't WAIT to see you all soon! What a great party. The banner is amazing!
Love you all!
Happy Birthday to GRIFFIN!!

sasha said...

awe! so cute! happy happy birthday griffin!

i like this header better. =]

Beck said...

Happy birthday Griffin! I can't believe he's a year already. I love the theme! And the cupcakes are awesome! You are awesome in all of that. Looks like so much fun. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin