Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bedtime games…

Noah and Griffin have shared a room for 2 years now.  They are so used to having the other one right next to them.  When we tuck them in, they laugh and talk for varying amounts of time until one of them falls asleep.  Usually Griffin gives in first.  Before Ammon and I go to bed, we always go in their bedroom to check on them and make sure they are comfortable and covered up.  Plus, it does wonders for my soul to see my children so peaceful.  My “mom tank” gets drained daily and seeing them sleep fills it right back up immediately.  A couple nights ago, we walked in and didn’t see them in their beds.  Upon further investigation we found them here:

DSC_0186

Under Noah’s bed, with their pillow pets and squinkies.  No doubt they were playing some game right up until the moment they drifted off to sleep.  I was able to drag them out and tuck them into their beds without them waking up.  The next morning when we asked them about it, Noah said, “Oh yeah… that was my idea.”  That’s all we got about their fun night under the bed.

2 friends stopped by:

Allison said...

So Super Cute!!

Diane said...

Wow...bedtime adventures. Wish I could have been part of it all! They are so lucky to have each other. And I do understand how watching your sleepy babies fills up your "mom tank". It even works with teenagers. I have spent hours watching you guys sleep. And feeling my heart about burst with love.
It's still bursting.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin