Monday, April 9, 2012

Grateful for digital photography!

I can’t imagine life without my digital camera.  I can snap as many pictures as I’d like and see what the picture looks like immediately.  I took so many pictures of the boys after church today in an attempt to get a good one of them in their new Easter suits.  While others may think that these are mostly outtakes, I just can’t help but love them all.  Noah and Griffin have so much personality and I would much rather document that than have a perfectly posed picture.

DSC_0004

We started out on the steps and Noah tried to tickle Griffin to help him cooperate and smile.  Griffin fought it the whole time so we moved them  in from of the azaleas.

DSC_0015

DSC_0016

DSC_0019

DSC_0030

DSC_0036

Aww… Look at my guys.

DSC_0038

I had an awesome, lovely assistant.  Ammon stood behind me and had the boys do certain things to hold their attention.  Arms out!

DSC_0039

Arms down!

DSC_0041

DSC_0042

DSC_0046

DSC_0049

DSC_0059

DSC_0068

DSC_0070

DSC_0079

DSC_0080

DSC_0081

DSC_0082

DSC_0084

DSC_0086

DSC_0088

DSC_0089

DSC_0096

Strike a pose!

DSC_0097

Vogue.

DSC_0098

Vogue.

DSC_0102

DSC_0103

DSC_0105

I’m grateful for Easter.  I’m grateful for Christ and His atonement.  I’m grateful that my children have a testimony of Him and are eager to learn more and grow their testimonies.  I’m grateful for the beautiful Sunday services we enjoyed at church and I’m grateful that we can worship as we please.

Happy Easter!

3 friends stopped by:

Jenny Whiting said...

LOVE these pictures! Your boys are so cute in their outfits. Where did you get them? I've never gotten suits for my boys...maybe I should try that next year. Also, your flowers are so pretty! And of course your pictures are great too. What program are you using to edit them? I noticed your cool frames on another post. Maybe PicMonkey or something like that? Or is it just Photoshop? Love the rounded corners.

Jessica said...

Thanks Jenny! I got their suits from Belk. I lucked out and found them 50% off! I love it when that happens. :) They're Ralph Lauren Polo suits. Picasa recently got an update and has added a lot more features. That's what I used to edit these pics. My favorite filter is the "cross process". For these pictures, I used cross process, faded about 50%, and then I used the 1960's filter to get the rounded corners. I actually faded the 1960's filter all the way to 0% because I only wanted the rounded corners, not the orangey color on my photos. It's fun to play around and mix different effects. The square pictures in a different post (the one with the frames) were all taken on my phone using Instagram. Love that app! Vignette is another cool tool in Picasa that I like to fade a lot and make it really thin to get a cool border. I still LOVE photoshop, but don't have time to play with it much.

Beck said...

They're so big! And so stinkin' adorable! Love the suits. Happy Easter!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin