Saturday, April 19, 2008

Home Alone

For the past um, 2 weeks or so, Noah has been SUPER clingy to me. He really just wants me all the time. It gets so bad that if I stand up and walk a couple steps away, he is screaming, holding onto both of my legs begging for me to pick him up. The only time he gives me a tiny bit of space is when we are outside. I don't know why he's started doing this. The only thing we can think of is that he senses the new baby is coming. I'm 23 weeks now and maybe I'm looking different to him? Or maybe this is just a phase totally unrelated to the pregnancy... Anyway, I'm sort of mommied out. It has been totally exhausting to not get the tiniest break from him. Even when Ammon comes home from work, he still wants to be in my lap. If I sit on the floor and try to play with him, he can't sit next to me, he has to sit on me. On top of that, he's been waking up between 6 and 6:30 all week. MUCH too early for me. Ammon knows that I've had a hard week this week and he made me go to bed at 10:00 last night. He also let me sleep in this morning! (well, he lets me sleep in every Saturday morning but, this time it was super special) I got up around 9 and was feeling good. As soon as Noah saw me this morning he had to be right in my lap again, which I was ok with. I got some snuggle time and then Ammon said that he was going to take Noah to the park so I could get some things done. He knows that I've had this list of things to do all week but, they just haven't happened. So, the boys are at the park and I am home alone! It is so nice. I've already loaded up the dishwasher and the washer. I've swept and swiffered the kitchen and I was picking up a few things in the living room when I decided to take a break. I know that things will be the same when they get home but it is so nice to get a small break! Thanks Ammon for realizing I needed some "me" time. I love you so much!

Any ideas on how to break the clinginess? He really didn't used to be like this. I don't give in and let him have me all the time but that doesn't seem to make things any better... Hopefully outings with his dad will help. Happy Saturday! Back to cleaning for me.

1 friends stopped by:

Cortney said...

No good ideas on the clinginess, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin