Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Simple Things In Life

(Posted by Ammon)


After all the things that ran through your head when you read the title, I'm sorry to tell you they were all wrong. I am going to blog about how people don't use their brains and think of the simple things.


Most of the people that know me know that I am pretty handy with computers and so I get a lot of people coming to me asking me "How do I do this" or "How do I fix that." I don't mind these questions because if you don't ask, you might not ever know. What does bother me is how many times "restart your computer," and "push all the connections in tight," is the answer. Most of the time when people ask me how to do something, I either know how from googleing it or I go google it and then tell them how.


I have often wondered who is smarter, the person that can spend all day on a problem and figure it out or the guy that can go google the answer in less that 5mins. Google has made me seem smarter than so many people just because I am smart enough to go find the answer. There is a saying that smart people surround themselves with people that are smarter then they are. Imagine how smart the person is that can google…..


I know a lot of my friends/family are going to read this and know that they have done this. I want you to know that I don't mind you asking me questions on how to do something or how to fix something. Just don't get mad at me when I ask you to restart your computer or check your connections. Also check out google.com. You never knew you were so smart.

0 friends stopped by:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin