Monday, February 9, 2009

My Buddy



Noah is so smart.  For Christmas he got the Signing Time videos and he absolutely LOVES to watch them.  He is pretty fluent in ASL.  Sometimes we don't speak at all, we just sign.  It's amazing to me that someone so small has really grasped the concept of speaking through signs and that he's been doing this since he was 8 months old!  I am so glad that we decided to start signing with him.  And not only start signing but I'm really grateful that we have kept it up too.  I really feel like Signing Time has trained Noah's little mind to learn.  It makes me giggle a little to go out in public and watch people's reactions to Noah.  He signs "thank you" which is similar to blowing a kiss.  Every time he signs thank you, without fail, they think that he is blowing them a kiss.  We have to explain that he is signing thank you and then do the whole conversation of "yes, he can hear"  "yes he can speak" "no, we don't know anyone that is deaf" "he's been signing most of his life" "well, babies can learn to sign before they can learn to speak so, we started it as a way of communication and we have just kept it up" blah blah blah.  I am so proud of him.  He is an exceptional little boy and he learns and grows everyday.  

0 friends stopped by:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin