Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A trip to the doctor

I just took the boys to the doctor.  Ammon met us over there.  They are sick.  Noah has fluid in his left lung and is wheezing.  Dr. Robertson (who I love love love!  I'm so glad I finally found a pediatrician that I like)  initially thought it could be walking pneumonia.  His cough is terrible but he is acting totally fine.  He still plays and eats and is a happy boy.  After a test for RSV for both kids, it was determined that they just have nasty colds.  Griffin's isn't that bad and we hope it stays that way.  Noah was put on an antibiotic and an inhaler.  We're supposed to travel up to Virginia on Friday so I hope they feel better soon.  I absolutely hate it when my boys are sick.  It's the worst part of parenting thus far.  We talked briefly about starting sleep training for Griffin.  I love to rock him to sleep.  There's something about having a baby fall asleep on your shoulder... so peaceful.  But then he wakes up 4+ times per night to eat and I can't take it anymore.  I don't sleep at all and it is definitely taking its toll on me (and anyone I come in contact with).  Dr. Robertson assured me that he doesn't need to eat in the middle of the night anymore...  When we sleep trained Noah, he did really well.  He had a pacifier and a blanket though.  Griffin won't attach himself to anything but me.  I might wait until after our trip to begin the journey.

5 friends stopped by:

Diane said...

I am so excited for you to come! And I am sooo happy that the news wasn't worse.
Noah sounds so cute with his "cold voice" though.
Get those boys here! Nana will take care of them and you can get some sleep!

Beck said...

I know how you feel...I miss sleep, and I hate seeing my kids sick. :( Somehow I think that's the saddest thing in the world...a sick kid. I hope they get better soon, and that your trip is fun, and uneventful (in a very good way). :)

ALC Wedding Photography said...

i totally know what you mean about having kids being sick it's the worst! I also just hate it! Ethan has been hoarse since Sunday. The doctor said it was no big deal nothing was wrong with him but i don't like it. You're lucky you have a ped that you love. Where I live there aren't any good one. I actually take Ethan to my family doc. He's the best! He use to be a ped and then switch so he knows everything about kids!

Craig said...

Do you see Andy or Jim Robertson? Andy is our doctor and if it is him, then I totally agree that he is the best pediatrician around. He has helped me through some tough times with Peyton and his kidneys and bladder. I am glad that the boys are doing better and that you are having a great trip in Virginia. Call me when you get home so that we can arrange a time for you to meet my new little guy. I mean really you are welcome anytime, since we aren't going anywhere. :)

Jessica said...

hey lisa! we're back in town. maybe we can drop by sometime soon. yep! we see andy robertson. he is so great. that's funny that we take our kids to see the same doctor and didn't know about it. let me know if you need anything.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin