Friday, July 31, 2009

Best Birthday Ever!!


(this picture was taken... a long time ago)

This child of mine is so AWESOME! All day, he has been completely convinced that it is my birthday. He has probably told me, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" 30 times. He told me that he wanted to make me a blue cake, and put one candle on top and then have me blow "REALLY HARD!". I can't even tell you the number of hugs I've gotten or how many times I've heard, "I love you so much" today. Such a sweetheart. Tonight after Griffin went to bed, Noah started telling me that it was my birthday again. Then he told me about the cake and the candle. He asked me if I wanted to blow out a candle and I said sure. I lit the candle that was on the dining room table and told him that he needed to sing to me. He proceeded to sing the SWEETEST rendition of Happy Birthday ever. "Happy Birthday, Mommy. Happy Birthday, Mommy to you. Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday, Mommy... and friends." And to top it all off. He told me that he wanted to give me a present. He went to his train table and found his favorite train, Ben. He held it out to me and said, "Here ya go, Mommy. Happy Birthday!"

Yep, it has been the best birthday ever!

5 friends stopped by:

Michelle said...

That IS the best birthday ever...tell him it's my birthday today and call me so he can sing to me! I wouldn't mind a train too!

Beck said...

Too cute! Ethnie sings happy birthday to EVERYONE! She loves birthdays. And so does Noah as it would seem. :) Adorable.

Mommydew said...

That's awesome! We miss you guys already!

Oh and Happy Birthday :)

Emmy said...

I say if he thinks it's your birthday, then GO GIRL! Have a happy birthday. . I hope you have another one today. :)

Diane said...

I just can't get enough of this story. I love it that he thought of YOU all day long, and how sweet that he gave you one of his favorite trains. My grandson is a sweetheart. That's for sure.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin