Saturday, September 12, 2009

Farm Birthday Party - the cakes

Noah was quite the lucky three year old this year. He got to have a farm themed birthday party up at Gigi and Pap's farm! He also got 3 cakes! I have tons of pictures from this party so, I think I'll have to make a few posts to get it all down here. And I know it won't be tonight. I am giving a talk in church tomorrow and let's be honest...

that. is. terrifying.

I've got it all written out and have gone over it a bunch of times. It'll be fine but what is it about public speaking that makes my stomach hurt so bad??

Anyway- back to the party. I saw these cakes online and asked Gigi if she thought we could replicate them. Gigi is awesome when it comes to cakes. So awesome in fact that we're trying to get her to start a cake business. She said we could make these cakes no problem so that's what we set out to do. My family (Mom, Dad, Meg, and Josh) came the night before and helped a lot with these...


The sheep cake. This guy was made of chocolate cake. Megan, Josh and I decorated him.


The pig cake. He's made of strawberry cake. Gigi did this one.


And the cow cake. He's made of white cake. Nana decorated this one.

I have pictures of the decorating process but, they're on Gigi's computer... I'll get those later.


6 friends stopped by:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you posted this. You should be soooooooo proud of yourself for this party. What a memory for Noah. I love being your sister, Jess.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I just happened upon this blog searching for cakes for my 2 year old boy... when he wakes from his nap I'll let him pick which one he wants☺ could you tell me what you made the shapes with?
These cakes are so adorable!!!
Thanks
Hannie

Jessica said...

Hi Hannie! Thanks for stopping by! These cakes were a lot of fun to make and really quite simple. For the base, we just used a round pan (i'm not sure of the size) Then on top of that, we cooked the cake in a glass pyrex bowl to make the face. Each of the feet is a whole cupcake and the ears are cupcakes cut in half. Hope this helps! Happy birthday to your little one. :)

hannie said...

Ok THANKS SO MUCH!!!
I am gonna try it out of rice krispy's recipe. A little easier for the lil ones to eat and less mess:) but i'll try to shape and frost it the same.
Marcus wants the COW!!!!
Thanks Again:)

Hannie said...

I see you are from North Carolina!
I am from Ontario!

Anonymous said...

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. roll tide cake

Blog Widget by LinkWithin