Friday, February 26, 2010

He loves me...


Story behind the picture...
This was taken on our wedding day. We had just finished taking pictures and Mom and I went in the Visitors' Center at the DC temple to change clothes. I still don't know what happened but somehow, my clothes got in the wrong car and that car had already left. I had nothing. I didn't want to wear my wedding dress all the way home (2hours). My new husband came to the rescue with this little number. A button down shirt so I wouldn't mess up my hair, pajama pants and my wedding flip flops. : )


I got an email from a friend this morning saying that she forgot to remind us earlier, but if any of us could make it, she'd like to have playgroup today. We didn't have any previous plans so, I got all of us ready and we headed off to playgroup. We got back around 12:30 or so. I checked my email and read one from Ammon that said "call me". I called him, even though I knew he was out for lunch, and got no answer. A few minutes later, Ammon pulls in the driveway. This is unusual because he rarely comes home during his lunch hour. He said he was just coming to check on us because he had been trying to get ahold of us all morning. He thought maybe a tree had blown over, fell on the house, and killed me. I guess I should explain that... Last night, Ammon and I were laying in bed talking about all sorts of stuff. The wind really started to pick up and made me nervous. I started saying things like, "what if a tree falls on our house?" "what if it kills us in our sleep?" "what would our boys do?" "how long would it take for someone to find the kids?" There were lots more questions but... they scare the snot outta me so, I'm not going to even mention them. The point is, Ammon was worried about us and came to make sure we were ok.

This has happened a lot lately.

A couple weeks ago, I was at a mutual activity at the church. I told Ammon that I would be home late because I had to go grocery shopping after the activity. Well. The man has selective hearing. Bad. I went to the activity, went to Wal-Mart and got home around 10pm. When I got home, Ammon said he had been terribly worried. He had called members of our ward who were at the mutual activity, trying to track me down. He called the local hospital to see if I had gotten in an accident and been admitted. The boys were asleep so he had made arrangements for someone to come stay at the house while he drove around town looking for me. Luckily I got home before that happened.

Probably about a month ago, the phone line wouldn't work. Our phone goes through the internet and for some reason, the internet went out and I didn't know how to fix it. I couldn't call Ammon to let him know and I couldn't email him either. I just figured I'd have a productive day without any distractions. Ammon couldn't get up with us and came home during his lunch break again to make sure things were alright.

Sometimes I get moody. One morning, Ammon and I were not seeing eye to eye. I don't even remember the topic but I know I felt frustrated and upset. We weren't communicating well which we're usually very good at. I wish I remember what this was all about but, apparently I've let go and forgiven him. : ) He left for work and it was obvious that we were both still frustrated. I decided the moment he walked out the door that this was ridiculous and that I should drop it. At that moment, all I wanted was to apologize and hug him. I probably cried. Not even 5 minutes later, he pulls back in the driveway. He walked in and we didn't say anything. We just hugged. We each apologized and I felt so grateful to have married a man who cares so deeply about me.

I'm glad he worries. I'm glad he cares. I can't think of a single day in our marriage when he hasn't told me that he loves me.


1 friends stopped by:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

Cute Stories! Isn't it such a blessing to have men like these in our lives?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin