Monday, May 3, 2010

Griffin's morning routine...

Griffin is doing a little better in the sleeping department.  He still wakes up in the middle of the night at least once, sometimes 3 or 4 times, but all we have to do is tuck him back in his bed, and he falls back asleep.  Ammon and I alternate night duty.  One night it's his turn, the next it's mine.  Ammon spoils me occasionally and gets up with him on my nights.  I think he's beginning to understand how precious sleep is to me.  Griffin used to wake up anywhere between 4:30am and 5:30am.  He's now sleeping in til about 6:30am and instead of crying until we come get him, he comes out of the bedroom, shuts the door behind him and comes into our room.  He stands next to Ammon and whines until Ammon picks him up and lays him in between us.  Now, Griffin doesn't want to sleep.  No no no.  He wants to play.  And when Ammon and I refuse to open our eyes, he opens the drawer to the nightstand, pulls out the remotes and wants Ammon to turn on the tv.  We lay there, none of us sleeping, until it's time for Ammon to start getting ready for work.  This morning, the routine was the same except for one thing.  Once the tv was turned on, Griffin laid between us again.  He reached over to his daddy and pulled Ammon's hand on top of his chest.  Then, he took my hand and did the same thing.  After that, he put his little hands on top of ours and pushed.  It's like he needed to know that we were there.  Griffin is such a lover.  He loves to hug, kiss, and cuddle. He's such a big baby and I love that about him.  I hope he always loves his mama the way he does now.  I hope he never becomes "too cool" to spend some snuggle time with me.

1 friends stopped by:

Unknown said...

Oh Jess, for once I am not envious of other children's sleeping schedules! Yuck! Sounds like you are handling it better than I do. I flip out. I don't think i was cut out to be a mother of many. Ha. Love ya lots. We need to catch up soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin