Tuesday, August 24, 2010

5 reasons...



I know I say it a lot but, Ammon is a fantastic dad.  He really is.  He is so patient with these boys of ours and let me tell you, that can be hard thing to do sometimes.  Well, for me anyways.  I love this picture and here's a few reasons why.

#5 - Griffin is wearing cute clothes that his Aunt Michelle got him for his birthday.  He looks so handsome!

#4 - Griffin is wearing his fish backpack.  The kid is seriously obsessed with backpacks.  Or anything that can be turned into a backpack.  If he had his choice, he'd wear a backpack at all times.  Even when he's strapped into a carseat or going to bed.  (yes, we've had to deal with those specific situations)

#3 - Griffin is sitting on top of the car.  Ammon is always doing fun stuff with his boys.  He understands little boys and knows what they think is cool or awesome.  Me?  I try but, I don't think they'll ever think I'm as cool as Daddy.  And that's ok.  I think he's pretty cool too.  ; )

#2 - Tickling!  Tickling is huge in this house.  It's just so cute to see these boys laugh like that.  I'll never understand why they enjoy it so much.  I HATE being tickled.  It's true.  Just ask Ammon.

And the #1 reason I love this picture is... those adorable little wrinkles by Ammon's eye.  Can't you just see how happy he is?  I'm so grateful that our Heavenly Father blessed us with a family.  And blessed us with Noah and Griffin specifically.  We talk all the time about how lucky we are to have them.  They are so important to us and to know that I get to be their mom FOREVER is an exhausting but also glorious thought.

4 friends stopped by:

Diane said...

You are an amazing woman, Jessie. Your words and feelings about this picture shows that. The fact that I get to be your mom forever IS definitely a glorious thought.
Love you so much.

p.s. I love this picture, too. For all the same reasons. Yes, I love the little wrinkles too. Dad has those, too. He doesn't even have to smile anymore to have them! :)

Beck said...

LOVE it! You have such an awesome family. :)

Jessica said...

Thanks Beck! Wish we lived closer... Especially now with the kids' birthdays coming up. Can you believe our oldest children are almost 4?!

Beck said...

I know! Ethnie B-day is on Saturday...I just can't fathom that...Oh, well. That's what happens when we decide to grow up, right?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin