Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lois Lane



We closed on our new house last week! We've been super busy trying to get it ready for us to move in. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen/dining room, a den and even a scrapbooking room! It is on 1 acre which is mostly wooded. We got a SUPER deal on it as it was a foreclosure. We're able to take the extra $ we would have spent on a house to fix this one up the way we want it. Right now we're working on repairing the walls and ceilings and then it will be ready for paint. After that, we'll put in the hardwood floors, new baseboards, and get new appliances. We'll probably move in at that point and then once we're in we can work on changing out the light fixtures and little projects like that. We'll need to clean the metal roof and clean out the gutters, cut down a couple trees that are leaning over the house, and clear out the land a little bit. It has been really fun picking out new things for our home. I hope we can get it all done on time... This baby is coming soon and I would love to be in and settled by the time he gets here. Ammon has been working really hard to get everything done. He works all day and as soon as he gets home, we head to the new house to work for a few hours. He's so cute. He wants me to inspect each room after he spackles or sands to make sure he did a good job. And if he missed a spot, he goes over it again to get it just the way I want it. I'm grateful he's like this instead of just hurrying to get everything done and missing things. He's a good boy and he really wants this house to be perfect for us. Will and Ginger have been helping us a lot too and we're so grateful! With me being pregnant and chasing Noah around, I'm not as much help as I'd like to be. It's so nice of them to be so willing to help and to let us use their tools. I'll take some pictures of the inside tomorrow so you can see the progress we've made.

10 friends stopped by:

Unknown said...

Jess Bess, I am so excited for you! It is adorable.

dubby said...

It is so beautiful! I am really excited for you!

Craig said...

What a nice house! I can't wait to see it in person! I know it is a lot of work now, but you guys will be glad you worked really hard now, because once you move in and have that baby, you probably won't get much else done! Congratulations again!

Megan Hall said...

How fun you are in your own house. That is such a big step. I am so excited for you. It's cute that Ammon wants things to be just perfect for you, aren't husbands great. Congratulations.

Melissa said...

HOW ADORABLE! I'm so happy for you guys! And yes... Ammon is such a sweetheart to do everything to your specs!

Diane said...

You know that Dad and I just loved this house when you took us to see it, after you had made an offer.
We are SOOOO happy you got it.
It really felt like it was YOUR house...and now it looks like your house, too, with YOUR car in YOUR carport.
I can't wait to come help.
Love to all 3 (almost 4) of you!!!

Beck said...

So freakin' awesome! Congrats!

Queen Karana said...

Congrats! It looks like a great house!

My Life, as it goes on! said...

Sweet job on the house you four! I used to live on Lois Lane in VA...

Ken said...

That is a fantastic house, Jess. I really like the lot, too....TREES!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin