Sunday, July 6, 2008

Current Projects

You guys have asked for some pictures and really, I wish I would've taken more. This is some of what we're working on right now. Ammon is painting all the ceilings which looked horribly disgusting. This picture is actually of the nursery ceiling. Yuck!



Another thing we have to get done is the kitchen floor. When we went to rip it up we found that it was vinyl glued to vinyl which was glued to the subfloor. It is a beast to get up. That could really slow us down. I'll need to do some research to see if there is a better way than scraping every single inch.



Yesterday morning we went over to Lowe's to buy our appliances. Ammon asked one of the employees what kind of discount we could get if we bought all the appliances at once. The guy said 20%! We got our fridge, dishwasher, stove, and over the range microwave. He then said that he would give us 10% off anything else we bought that day. So we went and picked up new bathroom faucets, a kitchen faucet, shower fixtures, light fixtures and ceiling fans! I still want a new kitchen sink and new countertops but, that's not in the budget right now. We'll have to save up some $ to be able to replace those. Oh! and a pot rack too.

3 friends stopped by:

Megan Hall said...

Oh my gosh Jess I was exhausted just reading your list of projects accomplished, what a month for you. That flooring looks like a beast so good luck, like I said before I wish we lived closer so we could help.

Michelle said...

You are amazing, Jess. I'm sure you are so tired but this will be awesome to bring your new baby home to. I'm glad Ammon asked about discounts...people should do that more often. Deals are out there is you are assertive enough to ask. Wish I was there to help. Wait, not really. :) This baby feels like he wants to come out today.

Unknown said...

Pot racks are the coolest! I love them that look awesome. You are doing so well. i can hardly believe you are about to have another baby. Did you ever come up with a middle name ? Love you hun keep on plugging away!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin