Monday, August 11, 2008

Update on Life

Hi there! Just wanted to update everyone on our life a little bit. My due date is this Saturday!! My scheduled induction date is this Thursday, the 14th. At my last doctor's appointment (last Thursday) I was dilated to 3 cm and 50% effaced. I have been having regular contractions for about 2 weeks now and they've gotten pretty close together a couple times. By the time I decide that we might want to think about going to the hospital, they slow way down... It's been frustrating. I usually feel ok but sometimes I get THE WORST groin pain that almost brings me to my knees. In the past week, my feet, ankles, hands, and face have really started to swell. My feet are the worst and today it hurts to walk on them. They look pretty disgusting -- definitely not my normal, skinny, bony feet. Ammon took me to get a pedicure the other day so, the nails look nice. If you can get past the bubble toes and balloon ankles. I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I can make it to Thursday. They want me at the hospital at 6am to start inducing! Yeah!

The house is coming along. The basement floor still isn't done so we can't really set things up like we want. Most things are unpacked in the main living spaces but, not completely. I still have some boxes to go through and our main bathroom isn't unpacked at all. I do have the baby's clothes and diapers out so, that's a plus. Ammon's "honey-do" list is long but he's been such a good sport about getting things done. We'll get it all finished, in time.

Noah is still doing great. He loves the new house and still loves his new bed. He has fallen out twice now but each time has landed on the trundle. He is learning so many new things all the time and is really doing well at communicating. I just love having him with me all day and I'm excited to see how things go once this baby comes.

7 friends stopped by:

dubby said...

Isn't it nice to know that pregnancy is the one "condition" that never lasts much more than nine months! This will all be over soon.

Jessica said...

yes! i'm not sure i could go any longer than 9 months! this is tough...

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

You know causes this condition, don't you? It is preventable; there are certain risk factors that you can avoid that will, oh, never mind...

Michelle said...

I'm on pins and needles, Jess. We are all so excited to meet Griffin!

Michelle said...

Griffin MICHELLE Piatt, right?! :)

dubby said...

Waiting breathlessly! Touchdown yet???

Unknown said...

where are the new pics!?!!?! I am checking your blog every hour!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin