Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend

The song you're listening to is important but, we'll get to that in a minute.

Ammon and I like lists.  We get much more accomplished when we have a list to refer to.  We write lists for ourselves but also for eachother.  Here is Ammon's list for me today:
  • fix registration (I paid to renew the registration for the truck but we never got the stickers)
  • put on the calendar when you have to go to court (yep, i got a ticket for not having those stickers on my plate...  and maybe I was speeding too...)
  • backup all our pictures and videos onto dvd's
  • get all our important papers together so I can put them all in a safety deposit box
  • download "lucky" by jason mraz and listen to it while thinking of me
I immediately downloaded the song and I love it!  I'm a fan of Jason Mraz and he does this song as a duet with Colbie Callait, who I'm also a fan of.  I love that Ammon heard this song on the radio this morning, thought of me and wanted me to hear it.  I know it's playing right now but, here are the lyrics if you're interested. 

Do you hear me,
I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky oh my, baby I'm trying
Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Oooohhhhoohhhhohhooohhooohhooohoooh

They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music, feel the air
I'll put a flower in your hair
Though the breezes through trees 
Move so pretty you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning round
You hold me right here right now

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
Ooooh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

4 friends stopped by:

Allison said...

o.k. have to say i am loving this song!! You married a sweetie!

Mommydew said...

I love this song! I have it on my blog. I also love your list. You two are cute!

Michelle said...

I've had this song on my blog since I heard it on Saturday Night Live a few weeks ago and I love it also! I think Jason and Colbie would make a cute couple. Check them out on youtube...snl. Love you!

Diane said...

I love this song too! You, Michelle and Megan have all turned me on to Jason Mraz. I love his stuff. Yesterday...to and from DC and Charlottesville, Dad and I heard a few of his songs..repeatedly, and he loves it too!
This was so cute that Ammon wrote this on your list. I loved it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin