Friday, October 23, 2009

Mumbo Jumbo

We've been SUPER busy lately. Seriously. I guess I'll start with today. Every other Friday, a group of us moms get together so the kids can have a playdate. We plan all sorts of fun stuff for them to do. Today was pumpkin picking day! Will and Ginger live next to this super nice man who own acres and acres of pumpkins. I think he supplies the Wal-Marts or something. Anyway, the past few years he has let us come up and pick pumpkins free of charge. Nice, huh? Especially when a single pumpkin can cost you around $5! Ridiculous... So our playgroup all met up at the church and I led the caravan up the mountain to the pumpkin farm. On the way up it was raining and there was quite a bit of fog. Once we got to the patch, the rain had stopped and the fog made for a nice spooky feel.


I know I photoshopped this picture but, you can still kinda see the fog. Since they were done picking for the season, we were told to pick as many as we'd like! I think I brought 6 home.


Griffin is the friendliest kid you'll ever meet. The other day, we went into Family Dollar and one of the male cashiers held his hands out to Griffin and he immediately jumped out of my arms and into the arms of this stranger. He does stuff like that all the time. He loves people! Isaac came over to talk to Griffin for a second and as you can see, Griffin totally thinks they're friends. : )


Griffin picked his own.



Not long after we got there, Noah had an accident and had to sit back in the car. (he peed his pants) This is the only shot I got of him. And it's blurry.

So after all the pumpkin picking fun, we caravaned back down the mountain and headed to the fire station. (after a quick stop home to grab a change of clothes for Noah) They were doing some sort of safety presentation for children ages 0-5. Pizza, cupcakes and drinks were served and they got to watch a short safety video. Then we all piled in garage to let the kids take their turn getting the fire truck!


I couldn't get a picture of the whole engine... there were too many people. But here is Noah in the fire truck. He had a great time!


Right before it was over, the kids were given fire hats to take home. One firefighter put a hat on Griffin and it made him incredibly happy. He took off running. If his hat shifted or fell off, he immediately put it back on and kept running. The lady in charge took a picture of me holding Griffin with his hat and it turned out SO cute. She said it'll be in the paper so I guess we'll look for that!


Noah and his hat. He has since broken it. Boys...


Isaac, Peyton, and Noah. Haha. This picture cracks me up. Look at Isaac! : )

Ok, so... That was today. Well, just this morning actually. Ammon is borrowing his parents' tent and practiced setting it up in the front yard last night. The boys were thrilled to spend some time with their daddy.


I probably shouldn't have textured this photo considering it's of their faces but... oh well. I like it. Here they are inside the tent. Griffin was playing in a pile of leaves during this time.


These leaves.

And another thing that is keeping us busy is swimming lessons for Noah. We go on Tuesdays and Thursdays and he is loving it so far. I took him to a water exploration class this summer. It was a parent/tot class so I was afraid that he would freak out when I didn't get in the water with him but, he's been doing really well. On the first night, we found out that his good friend, Isaac, was in his class. I think that has helped him not be so nervous.

There are some crazy lights in the pool area and I've been having trouble getting my camera settings right while I'm in there.


This is the only good one I got. I'll keep working on it and have some actual "swimming" pictures soon.

So, that's what we've been up to.

What about you?



3 friends stopped by:

Mommydew said...

Looks like life is full of fun! And I can't believe Griffin is walking!!

Jenny Whiting said...

wow, you're pretty lucky to have that kind of access to a pumpkin patch...yes, they do cost SO much as we know now! Lots of cute pictures, Jessie! It all sounds very fun...and familiar! We do lots of the same things. (Except I need to get a playgroup going around here...I miss that.)

meg said...

I have the cutest nephews in the world.

Period.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin