Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our Trip to Tweetsie!!

I mentioned in my last post that we live close to the Tweetsie Railroad. Yesterday, we were able to go with Gigi and Pap! When I was looking at the weather forecast, the high for the day was 44 degrees! I actually called Tweetsie hoping to get a refund and try again for a different day but, they wouldn't do it. So, we bundled up and headed to Tweetsie for a GREAT day! There were tons of photo-ops but I was too cold to take my mittens off most of the time. We did get a few... In no particular order, I bring you.... Tweetsie!


Here we are in the green car. Noah got to ride in both the green AND the red car. : )


And here is Tweetsie #12.


I love these pumpkin men! I wish I had some to put outside my house! (with a different saying)


Noah got a GIANT lollipop and a day later, he is still working on that thing. : )


This picture cracks me up. Noah kept doing this weird face. He wouldn't move his head -- just his eyes. Silly boy!


Noah's 1st train ride!! Brr... It was freezing. We actually saw snow!


So, not only do they have a train but they have a "county fair" in the park. Noah didn't care about any of it. All he wanted was to ride the train. I managed to get him to ride the carousel with me. He wasn't a fan.


Griffin drinking some warm milk. This kid did so well! He didn't nap the entire day and we heard very minimal whining from him.


Family picture in front of the engine. If you look closely, you'll see lollipop all over Noah's face.


Another shot in front of the engine.


Another one of the county fair rides. Noah wouldn't do it so Ammon took me for a ride.


Griffin's 2nd train ride. He's such a good baby!


Noah's 2nd train ride.

We finished the day by seeing where Pap used to live while going to Appalachian State and then eating at the restaurant he and Ginger used to eat at when they were dating. : )

Thanks Gigi and Pap! We had a wonderful day with you! Noah can't wait to see Tweetsie again. Maybe we can go back next year. And maybe next time we can go when it's not snowing. ; )


4 friends stopped by:

Beck said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish we had more fun thing like that available to us. I'm glad you all had a great time. :)

Heather O'Pry said...

Ya'll look like you had a great time despite the weather. This place looks fun. Can we come and visit ya'll and take a trip? Michelle needs to take Toby...he would be in heaven. You look great!

Anonymous said...

Does Ginger still have that ridiculous Mary Poppins tattoo on her calf? What a tragic defamation to the body!

Ammon said...

To Anonymous,
You worry about your beam and she'll worry about her mote. Why post as anonymous if you have such a comment? I guess the type of person that would make a comment like that would also be the kind to cower behind an "anonymous" post.

Grow up.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin