Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pilot Mountain

A few weeks ago, we stumbled upon a Saturday where we didn't have any plans! It was so nice to decide for ourselves what we were going to do. It was a beautiful day so we decided to head to Pilot Mountain. It's about a 15-20 minute drive and it's beautiful up there! This was the first time I had been there (along with the boys). Ammon used to go as a teenager to rock climb.

Anyway -- the kids LOVED every minute of it. They were both running and jumping up the mountain like it was nothing.


Noah was playing in the leaves and Ammon kept tossing pebbles his way... Noah had no clue what was going on. : )


Griffin got to play with sticks.


Crazy face!


This kid loves dirt.


Yelling at the sticks. Ha!


So adorable...


And here are the obligatory handstand pictures. Griffin.


Daddy.


And Noah.


Blurry family picture. I think I need to get a point and shoot camera... For many reasons really. One of the most important being other people have NO CLUE how to focus my DSLR.


The men in my life. They make me so happy.


It was great to get out in nature for a few minutes. I love where we live and I'm grateful for the beauty of the earth.



2 friends stopped by:

dubby said...

WOW ! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. And the one of Ammon the ledge is scary! Awesome!

Ken said...

Ian has always referred to Pilot Mountain as "Nipple Mountain." Since you live so close, I'm sure you know why...

Anyway, we've always wondered what it was like to actually be on the mountain instead of just driving by...thanks for sharing your experience and photos with us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin